Thursday, September 16, 2010

30 Days of Me. Um. Yay? Day 8... Short term goals for this month and why

I have one goal this month. It's short, sharp and sweet and I'm already working on it.

My goal is to pass the FIFA AR fitness test that we're expected to do for the ASB National Youth League. A few sprints, 20 x 150 m runs. Piece of cake, right? Well there's a bit of bodily repair that needs to take place first. I've currently got a bad case of iliotibial band syndrome and it's going to require a lot of physio and massage to fix up. I've also got issues with my hamstrings, my right glute, and need to do a bucketload of core strengthening to get back to where I was at the beginning of the year. It's so frustrating!


Fortunately, I'm getting treatment for it already. Physio, massage therapy, and a specific programme from my personal trainer are all focussed on getting me back on the track running as soon as possible.

Here's hoping it runs smoothly!

No comments: