Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 days of Me. Um. Yay? Day 5... A picture of somewhere I’ve been to

Way back in 2007. I went to Iceland. I still regard this as my favourite holiday destination ever - I loved absolutely every square inch I got near, and would love to have seen every other square inch.

This was one of my first photos ever taken in the Arctic Circle. I love the puffins, and brings back the memories and awe I felt seeing the long, long cliffs covered in nesting birds. The howling northerly wind. I was lucky to share this with Kenneth, a volcanologist, and Paula, a yoga teacher and a fantastic photographer. I have another photo of us standing on Grìmsey's Arctic Circle monument, but I'm wearing a goofy beanie so won't be disseminating that to the masses any time soon.

My dream is to return to Iceland. A truly wonderful adventure dreamland. There are not enough superlatives in my thesaurus to do this country justice.

No comments: