Tuesday, September 14, 2010

30 Days of Me. Um. Yay? Day 1... A picture and 15 facts about myself

Hello world. So this is me. This is 30 days of me. Thirty blog posts. Given my prestigious lack of blogging activity, I'm unlikely to get through to the end... But here goes!

Thanks to Jethro Carr (his blog is the Link of this post) for the list of things I have to post about...
Me tramping up Mt Fyffe, Kaikoura.
And now... 15 "interesting" facts about myself. Pay close attention identity thieves.
  1. I am left-handed. So is Osama Bin Laden. So was Queen Victoria. Read into that what you will.
  2. I grew up on Waiheke Island. My childhood was filled up roaming native bush and beautiful white sand beaches, fishing for snapper off the rocks, and sailing in my own sailing dinghy in one of the most stunning parts of New Zealand.
  3. When I was ten years old, I spent hours sliding in firefighting foam covering a hill owned by Margaret Mills, who was on board the Rainbow Warrior when it was blown up!
  4. I learnt the violin at intermediate school.
  5. I didn't learn how to tie my shoelaces until I was 11 due to owning Bata Bullets (velcro shoes) for my primary school years!
  6. I cannot swim. I grew up on an island, love sailing... but never learnt how to swim. I am now 30!
  7. I captained the Canterbury Colts cricket team when I was 15. I scored a dismal 17 runs in three innings and never opened the batting again; nor did I play for another rep team again)
  8. I trialled for the Otago indoor cricket team when I was 18.
  9. I've played winter sports forever! I played football at primary school as a chubby centre-back. Played rugby at high school as a chubby prop. Was a slightly-less-chubby hockey goalie at Otago Uni. Played rugby for Sydenham on the wing when I was at Canterbury Uni. Now I'm a football referee and am constantly in the wrong position!
  10. I had a crush on my French teacher at high school. (Hope she isn't reading this...!)
  11. I have written quite a bit of poetry on scraps of paper I now cannot find. (A bit gutted about that)
  12. My favourite poets are Spike Milligan, Ogden Nash, and Philip Larkin.
  13. I use the "Oxford comma". (See Fact 12)
  14. I was a child philatelist. Sorry.
  15. There are only 14 interesting facts about me. (Some might say considerably fewer...)
More coming soon! And maybe a 15th fact if I can think of it.

No comments: